Sunday, July 25, 2010

Paris.

Its 2pm in Paris right now, I am about to go get some lunch with Pierre but it will be a little crowded on the streets because of the tour de france. I boarded the bus from Gorazde to Sarajevo friday morning at 6am. Bought my ticket to Paris around 8:30am and left at 9 exactly. First ten or so hours of the trip I did not talk to anyone. Almost completed a 400 page book. Then while waiting outside to get our passports checked leaving Croatia and entering Slovenia, I met Zoran. He asked what I was going to do in Paris, I said I had no idea, never been there, dont speak french, and dont have a place to sleep because the hostels I tried to get a room at where all booked. Fast forward through the next 20hours on the bus and I am at the Paris bus station. Zorans brother in law picked us up, they dropped me off at their friend Pierre s apartment who was going to help me find a place. After meeting me though he said I could stay at his apartment for free. We talked for a while, he showed ,e a bunch of pictures, I told hi, about myself. Then we met up with Zoran and some other friends and walked all around Paris. I got my picture in front of everything cool. Ate at McDonalds, the first one I have seen since leaving America. Later hung out by the river walk with a couple hundred people happy to be in Paris playing music and salsa dancing. Since the metro was closed we rented bikes and rode back to his place. I cannot believe how much I like this city.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zac, so good to hear that you are ok and having a great time. Can't wait to hear all about your trip, take a bunch of pictures.
    Please call when your phone has service. We miss you terribly but are so glad that you are having such a great time. Please be SAFE!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! I knew it would all work out. And I cannot believe you are in PARIS and you ate at mcdonals. hahah have fun!

    ReplyDelete